Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Subversive Literature

Rae, thanks for those book titles. I'm really intrigued and will see if my library has them. I'm so glad you enjoy Lulu and my blogs. It's good to have a place to share pictures and news and use as a creative outlet even.

I'll be curious to know what you think of Twilight. I have read all three and look forward to the next installment but it's interesting, I laugh at myself that I've enjoyed them as much as I have. Vampires and teenagers by an LDS author...it sounds so bizarre.

Funny you should mention Sam, Jennica, and Lynness. I just re-sent invitations to them yesterday. Sam should be joining us as soon as she sees the email I sent. She emailed me asking for the info. She has also reminded Jennica & Lynness. Would Annie be interested?

And I've been meaning to say -- I think your deal with Ivan and Bill to read 10 books before you can buy another is a great idea! Cool!

I did some searching on Brer Rabbiti and found a webpage that has the stories in dialect, with illustrations, but they're only for viewing on a computer....no actual books for sale. Alibris has a 1st edition of the book....but it's $195.00! I did some checking on eBay and it looks like if you can find an edition that was printed in or before 1956, it should still have the Black Americana Dialect. Here are a couple to look at:
1921 Edition
1956 Edition
Now I'm really curious and hope to find one myself! Mom, Rae, or Beccy - you didn't own the one Mom read out-loud?

0 Comments: