Friday, October 19, 2007

I'm here! (added for Lynness)

OKAY OKAY OKAY I'm here!!! I really do read (all the time, staying up too late when I'm supposed to be sleeping b/c of seminary in the AM, etc), but just not websites. I get an RSS feed for Abby's blog, but I don't see one for the book club, and I rarely read on the web, because it just takes too stinkin' long for my dial-up (which often drops the connection without noticing) to get anywhere. I did go out to the book blog and tried to log on but "the server connection timed out" which is par for the course. So anyway- how does this blog work- are we all reading Musicophilia this month (I read "the man who mistook his wife for a hat" in high school and enjoyed- I'm sure I'd like this one, too) or do we each pick our own and report or what? Back in March, before the book blog spun off, I checked out a lot of the books on Abby's list (then list, now it's much bigger!) and it seems we have similar tastes. Can't promise to post much, but I love discovering new books! Love you all, Lynness


Here are the books I've remembered to write down that I've read since Ruth was born (7 months ago tomorrow!)
The Ghost Map (Cholera outbreak in England)
Bio of Dr Seuss
Pollifax Series 1-13
The Birth House
Jewel
Rollback
Brainiac (Ken Jenning- Mr. Jeopardy)
Born on a Blue Day (synthesthesia)
Final Exam (surgeon's essays on mortality)
Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping
Stealing Buddha's Dinner
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle (Barbara Kingsolver)
Invention of Hugo C...? (YA fic)
Gregor the Overlander (YA fic)
Catch me if you can
A Perfect Mess
The Annotated Pride and Prejudice (I love Jane)

0 Comments: