Friday, April 25, 2008

Rae: May assignment

First a happy birthday shout out to our dear brother, uncle, father and Dad-in-law (as the case may be)! It's hard to believe that April is almost over...we are loving the beautiful flowers that are blooming in the yard and we have planted our little garden. Spring is truly here...although it did snow for a while yesterday.

I hope those of you who wandered over to the Newbery link were benefited by what you discovered. I enjoyed looking at the titles from past years. I would encourage you to take the time to familiarize your children with some of those classic titles. Some of my fondest reading memories revolve around them!

But on to the May non-fiction assignment...should you choose to accept it. Your task is to find a cookbook, preferably one new to you, read or peruse it and share a recipe with us. Hopefully you will have tried said recipe and can report on its success or failure. [I have a cookbook that I just love, but the recipes are way too bland for me. I always end up doctoring the recipes when I make them a second time.]

Happy reading (and cooking)!

0 Comments: