Monday, April 7, 2008

Lynness and poetry

Liz- I enjoyed laughing at the chocolate cake poem...
and speaking of poetry, I started a family blog and Dad (Jon Hawkes) posted this on it...

I've never blogged nothin' so don't 'spect too much
But we'll enjoy knowin' what goes on at your hutch
We'll read it with vigor, We'll read it with vim
We'll read till our eyes grow weary and dim
Send us your news 'cause we're anxious to know
'Bout all of your comin' and all of your go
'Tis a marv'lous invention, this thing called a blog
Sure I'll figure it out, though my mind's all agog!


PS, the actual URL of our blog is http://hawkes.freeshell.org/blog/

As for some of my poems (I've written many bad ones, some that I like but aren't anything great, and a very few that I really think are good), I just put them up on our family website.  (I don't know how it will format if I email it to the blog, since I scanned the sketchbook pages that I write in.)  Here's the link- I put it up quickly- I'll reformat it later to be pretty....

As for Newberry books- I'm surprised at how many of the books I grew up with were Newberry books- I never knew.  I checked out Pennies from Heaven to give it a try, but haven't opened it yet.  I'm still in the middle of several others!

0 Comments: