Tuesday, June 19, 2007

More Bookish Thots

This is just too much fun! I love thinking of each of you reading in between your lives...I stayed up late last night and finished my book. I need to do homework tonight and tomorrow because we are going camping towards the end of the week. I didn't want to be able to use the book as an excuse not to do homework! Because I would have.

I am going to post several long-winded items on the blog re my read. I have so much to share with you. I think we've all read the book, To Kill A Mockingbird, and so I think you'll each be interested in what I found out. If not, you can skip my comments...

Mim, thanks for NOT posting in Japanese. Congrats (or condolences) on your new call. You'll do a wonderful job, as you do in every calling. You have unique aspects that you bring to a calling because of where you have lived and who you have associated with. I absolutely love being in Relief Society. I have very little in common with the ladies in our group, but I love the good spirit that is there. The power of righteous living. It strengthens me enormously each week.

Re holocaust books. I have "enjoyed" many of them over the years. I hesitate to use that word. But I think they all have something good to bring to the table, in that each individual reacted to their circumstances in a different way. Maybe that's why The Hiding Place shows much forgiveness, whereas Man's Search for Meaning is more individualistic and clinical. I agree that everyone should read about that event, if only to try to understand good and evil coexisting...and how one can rise above the evil while being amidst it.

On to the Mockingbird posts.

0 Comments: