Thursday, June 7, 2007

Lulu's pick for June

Although I found a couple of other biographies/memoirs that I was really excited about, our library didn't have most of them. (Basically if it's new, my library doesn't have it.) So I decided to go ahead and try out Every Secret Thing by Patricia Campbell-Hearst. I was surprised (and a little intimidated) to see that the book is two inches thick, but I was already interested after the first few sentences. So we'll see if my interest is held. I was interested to see where the title comes from--Ecclesiastes 12:14. (Which says: "For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.") Very appropriate, considering there was great controversy over the truth (or untruth) of Patricia Campbell-Hearst's insistence that she was brainwashed and not actually in allegiance with her kidnappers. Anyway. Sorry if this post is a little scattered and not quite as informative as it could be (about Patty Hearst). My mind is a little scattered and not quite as helpful as it could be. :)

0 Comments: