Monday, June 11, 2007

Long-winded Lulu.....

Aunt Rae, I read Jane Eyre when I was fifteen, and I definitely think it was because it "fed my dreams", as you say. :) I tried to read it again only a couple years ago and I actually guffawed. But I still love that I read it, so I guess I still love it. (Hope that makes sense.)

Everybody: I'm about a fourth of the way through Every Secret Thing. I'm really glad to say that I've pretty much stopped debating whether she really is telling it like it happened, and I'm just enjoying the story. (As much as one can enjoy a story about the kidnapping of a wealthy socialite by a group of violent fanatics.....oh, wait. That is a really good plot!) Like I do with any subject that catches my interest, I've googled everything Hearst. From what I've read, I'm not too impressed by William Randolph Hearst, although I do like what I've learned/read about his son (Patty's father) Randolph. Anyway....it's all pretty engrossing and fascinating to me, so I could talk about it forever. But I won't! Just thought I'd say that I'm enjoying my book.

Abby, are you learning anything from your book that wasn't in the movie? There was an interview with Frank on the DVD's special features, and it was really fun to watch!

Beccy, that picture is hilarious. Phill laughed especially hard. Ah, the pictures on fronts of Harlequin novels....I had a friend with whom I used to joke about Harlequin novels. I found that it was really easy to imitate the writing style of those books, and so as a joke, I started writing one. My pseudonym was Leah R. Quin, a very obvious mix of the letters from Harlequin. One character, Beatrice, had a flatulence problem. It was all really silly, but definitely fun.

0 Comments: