Thursday, March 4, 2010

QAIT: February reading

I changed my mind about reading the dragon books by Patricia C. Wrede. I finally remembered a book I loved when I was about 12-- The Witch of Blackbird Pond, by Elizabeth George Speare!

At first it seemed like the writing was too transparent when it tried to make the love interest ...interesting. You know, desirable and everything. But as I read on, I realized the writing is incredibly beautiful! I've decided I still love this book. I can still relate with all the varied feelings and emotions Kit goes through, and I still got very teary-eyed when the town was so blind to think Kit's old friend was a witch.
That was a fun reading "assignment"... (at one point, I sat to read with the intent to stay only 15 minutes, and I ended up finishing the book).

0 Comments: