Thursday, February 25, 2010

Raehink: March Read

A hearty welcome to Qait! We've been waiting for you...I love the titles you've added here and on your personal blog. I have heard good things about Jonathan Strange, but haven't had the pleasure of reading it yet.


It sounds as though everyone is enjoying the February assignment. I have read a couple of Nancy Drew books and have even shared them with Ivan. He has been amused and I have had fun remembering why I loved them in the first place. I also reread Charlotte's Web. Haven't tackled Harriet yet but I did notice a TV movie that will be on soon called Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars. That cracked me up. They keep trying to update anything that was good back in the day.

Our March assignment will be somewhat a continuation of the February read. Many schools will be celebrating the Read Across America phenomenon on March 2 (which is Dr Seuss' birthday) and I thought it would be fun to participate. The official NEA event "calls for every child to be reading in the company of a caring adult." Notice they didn't say responsible or literate adult :)

So, for the month of March and in the spirit of Reading Across America, continue reading those memorable books from February and throw in a couple of good picture books to boot. Then read WITH your loved ones, regardless of their age. I'm still a child at heart and I love to read in the company of anyone :) Enjoy the month and report your discoveries.

Happy reading!

0 Comments: