Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lynness: February reads post

Oops- I hadn't even realized I sent it to Lulu- here's a fix- Abby, just delete the other and here is the original.

So, I clicked on Lulu's link for A Room Made of Windows to see what it was about, since I wasn't familiar with it.  I looked down the Amazon page a bit to the "Customers who bought this also bought" part and found that I actually had read some of her other books- some of the "Mushroom Planet" ones.  I clicked on The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet and scrolled down to the same section, where I found other books I had read: The Enormous Egg, The Mad Scientists' Club, Half Magic, among others, and I saw one I thought I might have read: The Forgotten Door.  Turns out I hadn't, but then I started looking for the one I thought it was.  All I remembered was that it was about a door or something that went underground, there were mushrooms (what is it about mushrooms?) and a king maybe and Gog or Oog or Og.  Using that I finally found the title- The Secret World of Og, a Canadian tale from the 50's that seems to be much-beloved and not readily found at your local US library.  This was all probably elementary school stuff, so maybe I'll try something earlier than teen for my February read, since I can't seem to think of anything that fits the bill there.  Notice how all these are sci-fi/fantasy type?  I also remember reading the first 4 or so of Isaac Asimov's Norby series in elementary school.  Anyway, I've been having fun romping around Amazon, finding old friends from the bookshelf.

0 Comments: