Thursday, March 4, 2010

Liz: Dahl, Fannie & Scoresby

Better late than never? I wanted to read Harriet the Spy but I never checked it out; I loved that book as a teen, (I think I was a teen) and it was that book that made me love tomato sandwiches. But guess what I did read? I read the BFG, which is something I am not sure I read all the way through--or maybe portions of it were read to me--anyhow, I was familiar with it, but reading it this time felt like the first time. I loved it. I love the inventive vocabulary, and so did the boys, especially Seth. I love the story, too. I read it to my boys, Seth (8) and Josh (6), and both of them loved it. I am going through my Roald Dahl collection with them. We are reading James and the Giant Peach currently.

I am trying to finish the book called Can't Wait to Get to Heaven, by the same lady that wrote Fried Green Tomatoes (don't have the book nearby or I'd type her name--Fannie something) for another book club. I like it, I just don't make/have a lot of time to read it right now. I'm also reading a book about raising moral children in an immoral world, by Scoresby, recommended by a friend.
Just thought I'd post a note--since I haven't for a while. Hope you all are well!

0 Comments: