Saturday, January 30, 2010

Raehink: February assignment

Chela and I have just joined a Relief Society book group. Our February assignment for that group is ROMANCE. I thought about making it easy next month and assigning us the same topic, but that would be too easy.


I have just finished the book Shelf Discovery by Lizzie Skurnick. You can learn more about it on the GoodReads site, if you like. I wasn't bowled over by the book, but it did make me mentally reminisce about the books I read and loved as a teen. Then I heard about JD Salinger dying this past week. I've never been a fan of his, and especially disliked Catcher in the Rye. But his death gave me the idea for our February read.

Find a book (not necessarily a classic, but one geared toward teens) that you read and loved as a teen and see if you can duplicate the experience. I bet we will find that these books are quite different when read as adults. I think I will reread Harriet the Spy and The Long Secret, two books that I lived and breathed as a tween. Have fun with your choices. Report back. And, as always,

Happy reading!

0 Comments: