Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Abby: April of 2007?!

Wow, Rae (Lulu)! I hadn't realized that. Amazing. I feel like I've fallen off the "reporting" end of my reading, but I'm still reading. Still reading books and still reading here about the books everyone else is reading. :)

I recently read The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. It was a fun, light, read, but overall I was annoyed at the writing style. Has anyone else ever read something where the main characters are a little too stupid? Where it takes them ages to realize what you can see very early on? I suppose that has happened to me before but previous stories have managed to be detailed and captivating enough that I never minded. Anyway, just an observation...

I'm re-reading The Small Rain by Madeleine L'Engle (a Christmas present). I love this book. So much. It's the first in a two book set about a concert pianist.

I'm trying to decide what to read next. Something new. Something that will draw me in. Haven't settled on anything yet. I sure wish the third book of the Hunger Games series was out! That was awesome.

But I also have these books waiting on my shelf: Food, Inc., Finding Flow, Nurtured by Love (Shinichi Suzuki), and Ability Development from Age Zero (Shinichi Suzuki).

0 Comments: