Saturday, September 12, 2009

To Keep Reading...

I just read Push, a Novel by Sapphire. There is a movie coming out based on the book, I saw the trailer and I was intrigued. The story is of a young girl who is molested both by her mother and father, gives birth to two children by her father before she is 17, is failed by the school system, police, and welfare systems. Its just a sad story that makes you mad to think that THIS COULD BE happening…It is not really a GREAT read, or something that I would recommend.

I was introduced to The Secret by Rhonda Byrne YEARS ago, but it seemed to be against what I believed as to where our focus should be. I was introduced to it again this year with a religious focus and I read it. I really enjoyed the read. Reading it with the mind set of religion, following the commandments, prayer, “righteous living” it was nice to have a refresher of my mind set. I found myself thinking positive. “All things are possible through him that strengthens me” I know this book is not for everyone but I really enjoyed it and would actually love to revisit the book!!

I have set a new goal to read 1 book every 2 weeks… I guess I will keep my fingers crossed LOL!! Happy reading to everyone!!

0 Comments: