Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Raehink: Premature Panic

Wow. I know how to get everyone to post now. Threaten to quit!


I can keep making the assignments if you would like me too. I didn't realize how much everyone cared. At the time I posted about my "hiatus" I had only been the Relief Society president for two weeks and my calendar was completely full. So unusual and unsettling for me. The initial rush has now settled down and I am figuring out ways to sharpen my saw.

So we can forge ahead, if all are agreed. And it sounds like you are. I agree with Lynness that each of us has had major (and minor but continual) events occur in our lives that have kept us from posting...but hopefully not from reading. For those of you who don't know yet, Chela is getting married in the Salt Lake temple on Nov 21. That and my calling and life are what might keep me from my personal reading time.

I have really enjoyed your posts. I'm always intrigued with what people choose to read. I too LOVED The Hunger Games but I do agree with Abby that it's somewhat graphic. I have had the sequel in the house for over a week now, but am really trying hard to finish books that I have already started FIRST. It will have to wait. Dan Brown's new book comes today and Kennedy's memoir the next day. But those will have to wait also! There's just so much out there I want to read...

I never got around to reading the royalty novels. Just couldn't get interested in them. But I'm on a Kennedy kick and they are seen as royalty to many in this country so I guess that counts for the assignment :)

So how about we let September go and skip right to the October read. How about something scary? I know we did this not too long ago but it fits the month and it's an easy pick. We are reading Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for my other book group. It's pretty scary in its own right. I can heartily recommend The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. It's a Newbery winner and gave me goosebumps. I enjoyed it as much as anything I have read in quite a while. Gaiman just has a warped mind, I think.

So pick whatever makes the hair on the back of your neck rise and enjoy this time of year. Cooler temps, leaves turning, windows open at night, Conference time, etc.

And as always,
Happy reading!

0 Comments: