Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lynness: The Graveyard Book

Well, I got my October read yesterday and read it. It was quick and
not really scary, which is what I wanted, but unsatisfying. I liked
Nob and the story had a lot of potential, but the Indigo Man- why was
he even there at all? There were so many things thrown in that didn't
get addressed. I don't like loose ends not tied up, more questions
raised than answered. Anyway. I kept thinking the author's name
(Neil Gaiman) sounded familiar, but didn't read the jacket until after
the book. Personally, I think Coraline was a creepier book.

I looked up The Hunger Games and may read it, but all the copies were
reserved. I decided to find out more about it: our library has this
new "Find Out More" link for most books and it gives the summary,
reviews, etc. One review connected it with "The Giver" by Lois Lowry.
I thought I had read it at one point, but couldn't remember much, so
I looked that one up. Turns out I've never read it, so I've got that
one on hold now. Annie- I think you said you wanted to read that- we
can compare notes. Has everyone else already read it? (Probably
most.)

1 Comment:

The Taylors said...

Ok but Im sure you will have read it WAY before I get a chance...