Monday, September 14, 2009

Lynness re: reading blog

Definitely keep the blog going. This summer hasn't had much activity,
but 2 of us had babies, 3 of us moved, etc... we're still at my mom's
house until we close on ours and my computer (with all email
addresses, etc.!) isn't connected to the web, so I'm not sure how
often I'll get to post until we get set up in our new house. Rae, are
you still planning to make assignments? If not, do we want
assignments or just to read whatever and report on it? I personally
like the assignments, as it makes me look in new genres or pick up
books I might not have otherwise. Abby- tell us more about Hunger
Games.

By the way, I just read "Garlic and Sapphires: The secret life of a
critic in disguise" by Ruth Reichl (NY Times food critic). I enjoyed
it a lot, and there's recipes to boot. Bonus points to anyone who
knows where the title comes from! This has been my first real read
since Tabitha was born (6 weeks ago!!), since I moved 3 1/2 weeks
after that, and then John and Janis visited, and then school
started....and we're still trying to get a regular schedule together
while living in my parents' house.

0 Comments: