Friday, January 9, 2009

Lynness: More possible solutions

I just took a quick look at my shelves and came up with a list you might
consider...

Mr. Popper's Penguins- Richard and Florence Atwater
The Phantom Tollbooth- Norton Juster
The Castle in the Attic- Elizabeth Winthrop
The Indian in the Cupboard- Lynne Reid Banks
The Island of the Blue Dolphins- Scott O'Dell
From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler- E.L.Konigsburg
The Enormous Egg- Oliver Butterworth
The Cricket in Times Square- George Selden
King of the Wind- Marguerite Henry
The "Little House..." books- Laura Ingalls Wilder (we started these
after talking about pioneers around pioneer day last summer)
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe- C.S Lewis
The "Oz" books- Frank L. Baum
maybe some Beverly Cleary (although I was never big into these for some
reason)
and I'm sure I'll think of more...

some of these may be a bit old or a bit intense, but maybe soon...

Definitely the Mouse and the motorcycle, etc.

For everyone else- any humor authors I might try? I'm going to try to
read this month- I haven't read as much lately b/c during Ruth's naps
(a.k.a. seminary prep time) I've mostly been napping myself. Growing a
baby and teaching seminary are both tiring! Anyway- I checked 2 books
out of the library yesterday. One on motherhood was just crude, and the
other book I chose just isn't very funny.

0 Comments: