Sunday, October 26, 2008

Rae: November Read: Biography/Memoir

I hope those of you that wanted to do so found something somewhat scary to read for the month of October. I read The Lovely Bones...which wasn't really scary at all but was quite interesting. I liked it and disliked it all at the same time. I found the narrator's conception of heaven really refreshing but I really did not care for the way the whole story ended. It was a bit too farfetched and was probably distasteful to many readers. I found in my research of reviews that people either really liked the book...or, predictably, they hated it! I was more down the middle.

As for November's read...we had this same category over a year ago and it was successful so I'm bringing it back. Choose a non-fiction biography or memoir. The only caveat this time is that the person you are reading about must have been DEAD FOR OVER 100 YEARS. That narrows it down a bit without making your search for a title too much of an effort, I hope.

Enjoy the last days of fall...except those of you who live in areas where they have only spring and summer (read: Abby!). I'm already listening to Christmas music. It has snowed once but didn't stick at all. But it WAS snow so I pulled out the music. It always makes me feel happy!

Happy reading to you all!

0 Comments: