Sunday, October 26, 2008

Abby: I've been reading...

We went such a long time with no posting there and then I think this makes the fourth post in 24 hours.

I realize I haven't been doing a very good job talking about what I've been reading, although as always, I have been reading.

I did read Eragon for my fantasy read and enjoyed it. Definitely not Harry Potter level material, but still highly enjoyable. I also continued on to read the second book in the series, Eldest, and am now on the list at the library for the last book in the series, Brisingr.

I didn't read Caves of Steel for my sci-fi read. I read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card instead. It was interesting...I guess I liked it, but I feel kind of like I'm still not really sure what the whole point was. Or maybe it's that I understood what the point was but was expecting there to be more to the story than was there? I'm not finding a good way to describe what I thought of it. It's kind of how I felt when I read his series about Alvin the Maker. Has anybody else read these and have more they would add?

I didn't read anything for our October read.

November, I'm thinking I might read a musician or composer biography because that's what first comes to mind when I try to think of people who've been dead more than 100 years. :) Or maybe I'll read the book Lucy Mack Smith wrote about Joseph Smith (which I've been trying to read for some time now). We shall see.

I also have my name on the library list for InkDeath by Cornelia Funke. Beccy, I got started with Inkheart because you mentioned Curt wanting you to read it (I think!). Have you read Inkspell or InkDeath? Anyone else?

Oh yeah, and I also reread Gerald Lund's three adventure novels, One In Thine Hand, The Alliance, and Leverage Point. The Alliance is my favorite of the three followed by Leverage Point, but they're all very fun.

That's what I've been up to in the reading world....sorry my notes are not more descriptive or intellectual. Another time I suppose.

0 Comments: