Sunday, October 26, 2008

Liz: Oct, Nov, and a book I LOVED

I finished the Twilight series this month. It had been a LONG time since I read a book that I carried all over the house with me for weeks, stayed up late several nights with, and thought about while I wasn't reading. I had to tear myself away when it was time to get in the van and go pick up kids from school. I think once I even had it with me, open in the passenger seat, and hoping for a red light so I could read as I sat in the van!! (Not the safest idea . . .) 

I enjoyed reading a series like that at this point in my life. I enjoyed getting inside the characters' heads and being in a fantasy world. I think I ALWAYS love fantasy. As for the scary part, it was only somewhat scary . . . but that's good because Pat was out of town most of the nights I stayed up reading, and if it was too scary, that would not have been good. 

For a biography I don't yet know what I will read . . . maybe Florence Nightingale? Has she been dead over 100 years? I've always admired her and her service. 
I LOVED THE BOOK THESE IS MY WORDS BY NANCY TURNER.  I can't say enough good about how it affected me. At first it seemed slow (probably because I was reading the Twilight books in between) but I got into it soon enough. It made me want to write in my journal more, and it made me admire the main character; I have been so inspired since reading it! In fact, I feel like I want to write about every single day of my life, no matter how boring it may seem to me, because there is always great significance to the little things with my children . . . and more significance with hindsight. I feel like there will never be enough time to write all I want to write but I don't mind. I feel excited about all I want to write, and I feel like, if I can record my life, I can handle anything. Writing is such a part of me--and writing about my life is so important to me. Especially after reading a "journal" of another person. It was awesome. So to all of you, if you haven't already read this book, just know I love it and LOVE what it did for me--and maybe you will do. 


0 Comments: