Saturday, December 29, 2007

Rae: January Read

I hope you each enjoyed your "break" from the assigned book in December and that you were able to find something fun and new to read. I have set a goal to read A Christmas Carol sometime this spring...I never got a round to it in December. But Mim inspired me to read it anyway!

I recently came across a great quote by the Prophet Joseph. He referred to the "veil of stupidity" over the earth. He was probably talking about spiritual things, but the longer I live the more evidence there is of intellectual stupidity too! Way too much apathy and indifference to what is going on around us.
Anyone as election-fatigued as I am? Things should start to really get interesting next week when the primaries actually start and all the posturing by the candidates might truly mean something. It is actually a fascinating and somewhat inspired process, though, and we should be paying attention to it all. We should value our ability to vote and participate in the electoral process.


Your assignment in January is to read a non-fiction title (here's your chance, Liz) having to do with current affairs. Your options are many. Choose an area you don't know much about and go forth and learn. Let us know what you choose and what you discover!

Happy New Year and happy reading to you all!

0 Comments: