Thursday, July 12, 2007

Unsure of book choice...

Okay, I don't really want to read Witnesses anymore and am wondering just what to read. The writing so far (and I'm not very far) is just really "trite-ish" (is that a word?). It doesn't help that I just finished reading Dragonwyck and really enjoyed it.

I'm also realizing that I love historical fiction -- but I love it best when the main character is fictional. Make sense? I just don't like wondering all the way through the novel, how much of this is true? Whereas with a fictional character, none of the character's life is true but the events can be true. I think I could do a real-life character in a fiction book if I already knew a lot about that person. Maybe I'll have to revisit Witnesses after reading more about Anne Hutchinson.

For now, if I have time before/after/in-between Mom/Mim reading The Winthrop Woman, I might read that (although that's about Elizabeth Winthrop...a real-life woman).

Based on what I've mentioned -- does anyone have any other book ideas that would fit the time period?

0 Comments: