Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lulu's July book (or lack thereof)

I'm just wanting to tell everyone I don't think I'll be reading a book this month--at least not in the chosen genre. I had one heck of a time trying to finish Every Secret Thing--it took me six weeks, and I even skipped some parts at the end out of sheer exasperation. It's a long story! Actually, I would have renewed it (for the third time) if our library hadn't been closed for four days with air conditioning problems. And I'm happy I read it, but it was certainly very heavy reading.

Of course, I'm also waiting for the seventh Harry Potter book. So that might just be my only read this month. (And possibly a Mrs.Pollifax book.) I feel like a circus balancing act, trying to just get up in the morning and keep our selves, our babies, and our house afloat! If I have any literary juice left at the end of the month, maybe I'll read Tituba after all. Until then, excuse my laziness....

Love you, everybody.

0 Comments: