Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Finished!

I have completed the new (and last) Harry Potter book as well as my June read, In Gallant Company. The HP book was wonderful, I thought, and ended in just the right way. It was intense (with lots of good people dying) but just right. Rowling made me happy. I would have sent her a really nasty note if it had not ended in the way it did.

As for my July read, it wasn't the greatest story, but it did make me think about the Revolutionary War that was also being fought on the ocean--something we don't often hear much of--and how in many respects it was a civil war. English and "Americans"--former English--fighting one another. That must have been as difficult as it was in the Civil War. I often think of our relative on the Andersen side of the family who fought for the Confederacy while some of his other family members supported the Union. Very sad indeed. We owe them so much!

0 Comments: