Saturday, August 25, 2007

September subject

Aunt Rae, I'm really excited about the September genre! I've just started the last in the Harry Potter series....I'm sure I'll post my thoughts once I'm done. I'm actually taking it a little slowly, reluctant, I guess, to be really done with the whole series. I know I'll read it all over again one day, and then again another day, but this is the last time I'm reading it (the 7th in the series, that is) for the first time. :)

I was researching the different literary awards, and in looking at the Pulitzer Prize, I saw that they award photography, too--amongst many other areas of expertise in the arts. I know this is a book blog, and about books, but I just had to share one of the winning photos. It's too good not to be shared. It's by a man named Oded Balilty, of the Associated Press. I've included the description written underneath the photo.


A lone Jewish settler challenges Israeli security officers during clashes that erupted as authorities cleared the West Bank settlement of Amona, east of the Palestinian town of Ramallah. Thousands of troops in riot gear and on horseback clashed with hundreds of stone-throwing Jewish settlers holed up in this illegal West Bank outpost after Israel’s Supreme Court cleared the way of demolition of nine homes at the site.

February 1, 2006

0 Comments: