Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The March

by E. L. Doctorow will be my September choice. It is set during the end of the Civil War when General Sherman marches through the South destroying much of the existing infrastructure. Doctorow won several awards and I will have to investigate them to see if I think he merits the honors.

Mim...I loved The Good Earth. I read it just a few years ago and it has stayed with me. I can't think of very many books that have impacted me emotionally like it did. I even dreamt about it and woke up mad at Ivan once. Poor guy...he had no idea what he had supposedly done!

Abby...great look. Keep it up. Hope I did the indexing correctly.

Rae...great photo. It will be interesting to read about some of the various book awards that are out there.

Happy reading!

0 Comments: