Monday, August 2, 2010

Lynness- recent reads

Peace Like a River- I enjoyed it, am requesting the author's 2nd novel (not a series).  Went very quickly.

Confucious Lives Next Door: What living in the East can teach us about living in the West- I found it interesting, but it probably doesn't have wide reader appeal.  Really wonder how Mim and Blake's experience compares.  This was written about 10 years before they lived in Japan.

Pilgrim at Tinker Creek- Read a chapter and returned it. I've started this sentence 3 times to try to describe it and I can't.  It wasn't bad, just didn't strike a chord with me and ended up being just page after page of blah, blah, blah, blah....

The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment- AJ Jacobs is always interesting and entertaining and you learn things you never knew (maybe some that you never wanted too, as well.)

0 Comments: