Monday, August 16, 2010

Lulu: My addition to what Annie's read--

Though I'm not sure I'll be going "by the book" and reading a biography this month, I figured I'd follow in Annie's footsteps and list some of what I've read/am reading--it's a lot, or at least more than usual, which I'm happy about.

HAVE READ: The Mysterious Benedict Society (oh man, I LOVED this, and the kids are loving it--I finished it ahead of them because I couldn't stop myself from reading onward each night after reading to them...)
Gregor the Overlander, books 1 & 2. I love Suzanne Collins. Simple and straightforward writing style but always a good story to back it up!
The Giraffe, the Pelly and Me. I realized just how many Roald Dahl books have slipped under our radar. We're (me and the kids are) happy to find there are several we haven't read yet! This one was short and sweet.

READING:
The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey
The Lacuna (the latest Barbara Kingsolver book; much about this book is new for me; I feel like it's one of those books that I read where I finish and feel like I was MEANT to read it and NEEDED to read it)

GOING TO READ:
Confronting the Myth of Self-Esteem - a recommendation from my therapist (no joke). The author uses gospel truths to take on the whole idea of self-esteem, etc.
Gregory the Overlander, book 3
Peace Like a River
These Is My Words
Mockingjay (again, love that Suzanne Collins...)

0 Comments: