Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Reading!... and Listening!

Last summer I started to read To Kill a Mockingbird. I got over half way done, and set it down! I tried so many times to pick it back up, but I could never read more than one page, I just wasn't feelin it! Almost 6 months later, I decided to listen to it on CD. And woohoo I finished it! It was fun to listen to! I did have a problem though. From the very beginning of the book, I imagined Scout Her family, and her neighbors as black. I KNEW they were white, but my imagination made them black. Which made it hard to follow when the book spoke of differences between Cal, and Tom, and the black community!!! UGH!!

I read the Energy Bus by Jon Gordon. Very easy read. I enjoyed the story! Being positive, having positive energy is like a bus. You are the driver, and your positive energy will bring people 'on board'. :) One quote I took away and really want to remember is, "To blessed to be stressed"!!!

Going for my second book on tape, I listened to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets! It was performed by Jim Dale! I VERY MUCH enjoyed his performance!!! He did the different voices and all!! It was fun to be read to like this! I hope that Jim Dale is also the performer for the next book!

Ive decided to LISTEN to Fahrenheit 451 for my April read. Its not really anything I would just pick up and read BUT I have seen others reviews, so I was curious!

I am very much on a reading fix! If you follow me on good reads, you will see that I have TONS of 'currently reading". Currently on my night stand are: My Scriptures, The Love Dare by Stephan Kendrick, A Journal For Jordan by Dana Canedy (another book I started bazillion months ago and just have no desire to finish), Catch Me If You Can by Frank Abagnale(I have been enjoying this book little bits at a time! I REALLY like this book!!), The Dream Giver by Bruce Wikinson (a gift from a friend <3), 'A' is for Alibi by Sue Grafton (picked up from the swap shelve), a re-read of The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, and an out loud read to Lany of The Spidewick Chronicles #1 by Holly Black!!!

Yeah!! That's A LOT!!!!! <3

0 Comments: