Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lynness- Religious Reading

I own and have enjoyed Mere Christianity, The Great Divorce, and The
Screwtape Letters: I love CS Lewis-I think he makes a lot of sense and
his writing resonates with me. I looked through the list Rae provided
from her shelves for suggestions and I think I will try reading the
Apocrypha. The only thing I've read about it is in the D&C and in the
Bible Dictionary. After having taught the Old and New Testaments in
seminary I will be interested to see how it fits in. Reading this
assumes that I get all my painting done- lately I've used just about
every free minute (and some that weren't free- my seminary prep has
again suffered) in painting my stairwall, hallways, living room, part of
the kitchen, and deck! Now I've just got the family room and a lot of
trim to touch up as well as finishing the kitchen. Then (hopefully)
we'll be moving to a house with a little more room to grow into.

0 Comments: