Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bunch Of Religious

You are probably waiting for my review of ‘Mere Christianity’ by C.S. Lewis…. Well keep waiting! After all the library drama and the waiting I went out and bought my own copy, started reading and then found out that The Hinesville Ward Book Group changed their book! They chose ‘The Five People You Meet In Heaven’ by Mitch Albom. I LOVED THIS BOOK! I am not the best reader, by that I mean I’m kinda slow. Well, I’m not sure if I am slow or if its that I get distracted VERY easily! I have a short attention span UNLESS I’m really intrigued and as far as this book goes I WAS. I read it in one afternoon. I still think about parts of this book like sweet memories! A man dies and meets five people who he may have known, or who have crossed paths with in his life. They each have been waiting to tell him something very important about his life. I don’t want to say more because if you haven’t read it… Rae, then you should. It was easy and sweet. It really makes you think about how you live your life and how your actions affect others even though you might be completely unaware!
I still plan on reading ‘Mere Christianity’ and I also have more in the line up of religious. Grandpa sent me some books and I have started reading one, ‘More Purity Give Me’ by Vaughn J. Featherstone. If any of you have ever gotten a second hand book from Gpa then you will understand when I say EVERY SINGLE PAGE is marked! : D
The others he sent were ‘A Lion And A Lamb’ by Rand H. Packer, ‘The Peacegiver’ by James L. Ferrell, ‘An Eye Single To The Glory Of God; Reflections on the Cost of Discipleship’ by Robert L. Millet, ‘A Prophet’s Voice; Inspiring Quotes From Joseph Smith’ by Ed J. Pinegar.
P.S. Rae I never thought I would see the day to hear you say that you HAD NOT read something, CRAZY!!

0 Comments: