Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Abby: Anyone heard of this series and other tidbits about reading

Lately I haven't been reading as much as I usually do. But I have thought of the topic each month and even chosen books to read. Actually checking them out and reading them has been a different story.

Our ward book club is reading Dodie Smith's I Capture the Castle this month so I've started that one and will hopefully finish it. Then maybe I'll watch the movie? So that fits the month we did books turned into movies. :)

I tried to start a series by Terry Goodkind, The Sword of Truth. I was sad that I ended up not wanting to finish it. I read about half of the first book. The story was a fun story and I would have loved to follow the series, but it was also really bloody/nasty whenever it came to battles or scenes with the bad guy. Oh well. Plenty more fish in the pond, right? :D

An acquaintance recently recommended Diana Gibaldi's Outlander series. Have any of you read it? Do you recommend it? I'd rather not waste my time if it's not worth it.

Mostly I've been reading tidbits of the scriptures, conference talks, Happiest Baby on the Block, A Beasty Story, Go Away Big Green Monster, and The Secret Garden. It's obvious where my time has been focused of late, isn't it?

0 Comments: