Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lynness Re: Book Suggestions and October read

Abby- What about something more girl-perspective:  Maybe the Little House books or  Caddie Woodlawn?  Maybe Anne of Green Gables?  Maybe Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm?  What about From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler if she likes mysteries, as she seems to.

I read The Graveyard Book in September, since I knew this month would be rough (it was), but I also reserved Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  Crazy, huh?  I really have no idea what to expect, but the author said he retained about 80% of the original text.  I love P&P.  It and the Book of Mormon are the books I most often re-read.  Anyway- I wouldn't have had time to read it even if I had gotten it because I'm on a waiting list and it still hasn't gotten to me yet, so evidently it's popular.  Anyone else heard of it?

0 Comments: