Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Liz: Why Emma-&another question

Thanks, Rae, for the book titles and suggestions.

I recently read a chapter (19, I think) in our RS/Priesthood Manual about trials and tribulation. I have learned of the story before but when I read about the mob that came in the night and tarred and feathered Joseph while his infant twins were inside sick with pneumonia, I cried. I found myself wondering about Emma. I know that one of the babies died five days later, and I wonder what else Emma would call a trial in her life. Surely there were many!! So I am just seeking more information about what she went through, as well as hopefully a good account of what felt and did. I have an impression, maybe incorrect, that she fell away from the gospel. Is that true?

Thanks, again,
Liz

0 Comments: