Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Catching Up

So...I never did post anything about my May read for Newbery Award Winners -- or was that April? I've been thinking about all of you but a little out of it when it comes to reporting back on things!

Whichever month that was, I read The Wheel on the School and loved. Very cute. I think I'll read it out loud to Autumn soon. She would like it. I think Seth, Reed, and Isaiah would also enjoy it. I don't really know what to say about it specifically. But the basic idea behind it involved a teacher instilling a desire in the children to wonder about why there were no storks in there town. The teacher told them if they would wonder, amazing things would happen. I think there's so much truth to that and it was great to read thinking about teaching my girls wonder a little more and help them grow and learn from that.

For the cookbook month, we looked through Hungry Planet again and loved it, again. It's fun. And soon I'll post the recipe we've now made twice. It might even be time to make it again. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. (And of course, it doesn't hurt that Eric's the one who knows how to make it!)

For June, I'll be reading Stuart Little to the girls. We've already started and I've been surprised to find that I didn't know the story as well as I thought I did. I don't think I ever actually read it growing up.

Beccy, I loved that poem you shared. What an amazing woman. And what a great take on life. That poem really sums it up. Do you know if she was related to Dr. Christian Asplund who teaches Music Theory at BYU?

0 Comments: