Monday, June 6, 2011

Liz: What I've been reading

Hi everyone! You ladies are so smart! I'm always so impressed with what everyone's reading, especially nonfiction. For some reason, I have always leaned more toward fiction. I read The Thirteenth Tale recently, and I just noticed that the quote atop our blog is from the book. A friend shared that quote with me a few years ago, and although it resonated with me, I only read the book some months ago. I adored it so that I purchased my own copy to read anytime I like. I will be reading and rereading that one. I love the way she writes. So fluid and inspiring. Just makes me want to write!

I just finished Being the Mom by Emily Watts. Uplifting, funny, brief and positive-very enjoyable and worthwhile. I heard her speak recently at a Time Out for Women, and she is a cool person! I feel like I might have several things in common with her, too, including a love of words.
I am currently reading the Mitford series books-on #2, Mom! Remember I bought #1 in Boston? Guess that means it's your turn! Should I send it to Payson? I really like how I can count on these books to be squeaky clean, humorous, and uplifting and inspiring. They are comforting.
Listing these out makes me realize: "Wow, I do make time to read! Even if I'm not sure exactly how . . " Also, I am reading Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. Excellent book. Pat & I are both reading it, in fact, and excited as we apply it.
I love you all! Gotta go tackle the rest of those dishes. :)

0 Comments: