Friday, February 4, 2011

Lynness: What's everyone enjoying right now?

I feel like I haven't read anything since Christmas- I've been doing the
Box Tops program at Isaiah's school, going to bed very soon after the
kids (but at least I'm past needing naps during the day! We find out on
the 24th if it's a boy or girl), and doing lots of projects, like
transferring cassette tapes to digital, sewing for baby showers, and
teaching joy school and piano.
Anyway, our Box Tops contest is almost over, I have more energy, and I
need a good read. Anyone read anything wonderful lately?

2 Comments:

Qait said...

Lynness, how far along are you? Glad you're feeling more energetic. ;)

I have been craving books lately, too, and made a quick stop (quick???) at the library and grabbed just about anything that looked remotely interesting.

I ended up rereading Madeleine L'Engle's "A Ring of Endless Light" to see how I'd take it this time around. It's a beautiful book, and it made me cry a lot--which honestly IS partly because I'm pregnant, but also because I'm just sensitive.
Anyway, that's my recent read! I'll be doing more...

(I tried again to pick up "Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norell" but I just can't seem to get excited about it!)

Rae said...

I don't know if you'll see this comment, but Aunt Rae recommended something to me (well, lots of books, actually) that I started reading and then put down to finish The Mysterious Benedict Society (which I'm reading now, and love)--The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society. I'm recommending it because I laughed out loud three times in the first four pages and can't wait to pick it up when I'm done with MBS.