Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lynness- March read

    March is Marching by in quick time... between the four of us, we've got 6 doctor/dentist/midwife appointments this month (...so far...).  3 of them were today.  (Ultrasound for me-girl!!, sick visit for Isaiah-strep throat, and dentist for Nathan).  That was entirely unintentional, but at least they're over with.  So I finally got around to looking at the March assignment yesterday and thought that the subject was pretty broad and that I could easily find something on my bookshelf I hadn't read.  I picked The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy.  I've seen a few minutes of a movie version (come to think of it, that would've worked well for last month- and I will probably watch it after I read it, if I can find the movie) and know the very basics of the story, but that's all.  I think I'll like it and it shouldn't take too long.
    On the subject of reading- Isaiah found my old copy of The Boxcar Children at my mom's this past weekend and read it.  I reserved the next 2 at the library and Nathan and the kids picked it up last night and he's already done with one.  I thought that might be a series Autumn or Reed might be interested in reading- with parents or without.

0 Comments: