Saturday, February 21, 2009

scary strang book... strange movie!!

Hello all you wonderful Ladies!! This is my first post but I have been following the blog since the summer and have had the opportunity to read some of the months. I finally read the first Harry Potter book and I’m looking forward to completing the series. For February I actually picked out the book before I knew the topic! : ) I read Coraline. It was the first book that I have read out loud to Lanycia! She really likes scary movies and from seeing the first movie trailer was excited by the movie. The book… is… strange. And a little scary!! A young girl is bored with her life and her family and becomes wooed but “the other mother” who created “the other world” where all things are fun and Coraline never has to be bored. All the other characters are strange in their own way. In the end she realizes that all things that seem better are not really the best and she has to fight for her old boring life and family!! The movie…. Different from the book and STRANGE!! Most books you can say it was sweet or nice or had a good moral to the story. But both the book and movie were strange.

0 Comments: