Monday, September 8, 2008

Lulu: HP

I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series. I've been reading the first one to the boys, and although I'm not sure just how much of it they're really absorbing/understanding, they're very quiet and thoughtful and enjoying it when I read. And most of Reed's questions suggest that he is getting the gist of it.

We're over halfway through. But a couple of nights ago, after I finished reading to them, I wanted to keep reading by myself. So I did, and finished it the next morning. :) And then I decided I wanted to read the whole series all over again, and I'm almost halfway through the 2nd one today. It has helped in my recent early-morning wake-up endeavor to have a good book to look forward to. This morning at 6:10, the words actually ran through my head, "It's okay, it's okay, you can read The Chamber of Secrets after you've run and the kids are fed and dressed!" Hee hee....oh, the power of a good book. So count that as my fantasy read, I suppose, and I guess Ender's Game will be my sci-fi read. Honestly though, I might not even touch it again until I'm done with HP.

0 Comments: