Monday, May 19, 2008

Lulu: Beans, magical indeed

I made a really easy dinner tonight using beans, and I did them in the crock-pot. It wasn't fancy at all, but definitely hearty, yummy, and easy. (Usually my three prerequisites.) I put pinto beans in the crock-pot, not pre-soaked or anything--just out of the bag--in the crock-pot with some beef broth that had whole stewed tomatoes and Mexican spices in it (the broth was pre-frozen, courtesy of Phill's mom--all I had to do was thaw it in hot water). I turned the crock-pot to High and let it cook for 5 or 6 hours, and they were perfect! I made some boil-in-a-bag rice (this stuff is so good to me and takes 10 minutes to cook, costs $1.12 a box with four bags in each box), put the beans over the rice and then piled cheese on top. It was really delicious and easy! Oh, and so CHEAP! I guess cheese isn't that cheap, but beans sure are, and rice is. And broth is easy to make.

Anyway, that's all. Just a really easy, yummy dinner using beans.

0 Comments: