Friday, July 6, 2012

Lynness: Is it just me...

...or is it echoing here?

Hello...........(hello)........................(hello)....................................(hello)...........................................

Anybody else reading out there?

I recently enjoyed The Big Necessity: The Unmentionable World of Human Waste and Why It Matters.   I guess that's very weird, but I really like books that integrate science and social science and interesting info in a very readable way.  Another one to make you think about what you take for granted, but don't be offended by the s-word throughout; after all, that's what it's all about!

I'm also reading the books on Isaiah's Battle of the Books list (titles include the Mysterious Benedict Society- I only thought it was ok- and From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. B.E.F.- which I didn't actually read b/c I've read it many times ), and his summer reading assignment (Magickeepers, vol 1- which I thought was like an after-school cartoon episode- quick-paced, ill-developed
characters and plot (almost like those round-robin stories where each person continues the story), etc.  Much lamer than the usual summer assignments have been for his CBG program).  I picked up a couple of random books for him the last time we went to the library Wildwood and The Books of Elsewhere: The Shadows (vol 1).    Enjoyed Wildwood the best of all his new books so far.

0 Comments: