Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Raehink: My August reads

For my biography, I read two books about Laura Bush--one written by her and one about her. I learned a lot about her and have decided I would love having her as a friend. She loves books, birds, Texas, reading, this country, her family, her bed, and her husband. And probably her husband in bed :)


I have finished Mockingjay and am fully satisfied with the trilogy. My one misgiving is the fact that they are being marketed to children who probably don't need to be reading them. It's pretty mature material, in my opinion. I was completely taken aback by one particularly violent scene. It caught me so off guard that I actually gasped out loud and clutched my shirt. Wow. Effective writing.

Lynness: I adore the Candy Bomber (Gail Halvorsen). I first learned about him when I stayed in Berlin with the Boatrights. I read a couple of books about the Berlin Airlift as well as a biography of him. I've always wanted to meet him and was so disappointed to realize that the whole time I was at BYU, he was part of the administration. I could have walked into his office any time, I imagine. He's an amazing man. Glad you discovered him.

Someday when I have lots of disposable income...

Happy reading!

0 Comments: