Monday, November 3, 2008

Lynness: random replies and news

Well, Inkheart, etc. sounded interesting, so I read the first 2 last week.  I loved the idea of 'getting lost in a book' and how they change you and you them (kind of like Jasper Fforde, but very different), but I didn't like the actual story in the first one as much as I wanted to.  I did like the second one better.  I'll have to put a hold on the 3rd and see where it goes.  I also got The Thief Lord, by the same author, and have high hopes.  I checked out a book on Joan of Arc and an African-American woman's memoir of her life as a slave, neither of which I have cracked, b/c I'm frantically trying to finish my parents' anniversary gift for Wednesday.  Here's the real reason for the post- we talked to Jennica last night: she has read Twilight and went with a group of friends Saturday to...Forks, WA!  Evidently 'Dr. Cullen' has a reserved parking spot at the hospital, different houses are labeled as being various book characters', you can see the cliff where Bella dove, etc..  I guess the whole town is in the act!

0 Comments: